What we collect
When you register with our website, we collect the following data:
- Your title, first and last name
- The name of the entity / entities you represent (if applicable)
- Your email address
- Your photo (optional)
When you enter a competition, we also collect:
- Your phone number (landline, mobile or both)
- The address of the building that enters the competition
During your browsing of our website, we collect:
- Statistics about the pages you visit
- The order and time you visit them
- Your IP address (a number that identifies a specific computer or other internet device)
- The approximate area of your device at the time of visit
- Which web browser you use
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site
- Information provided to members of Bournemouth in Bloom or the IT Manager when you communicate with us for any reason
No other data are collected.
Why we collect this information
We are required by the Data Protection Act 1998 to ensure that any personal information you supply to us is only used for the purpose for which you provided it. We collect this information to facilitate the following operations:
- Internal record keeping
- Make our website work better for you by improving its content and design
- Authorise your access to log-in to areas of our website
- Keep in touch with you if we need to notify you about any changes to our website
- Contact you with news or updates about Bournemouth in Bloom’s activities
- Respond to enquiries submitted by you and supply information you have requested
- Protect this website and your personal details from unauthorised access or malicious use (hacking)
We make no other use of your personal data.
Who has access to your information
The persons who have access to your information (except you) are the Bournemouth in Bloom’s current Committee members and the IT Manager of this site.
By registering with our website, you have chosen a password which enables you to login to it. It is your responsibility to keep this password confidential and we ask that you do not share it with anyone else.
We will not sell, distribute, lease or disclose your personal information to third parties unless we are required to do so by law (for example, by a court order or for the purposes of prevention of fraud or other crime).
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
However, transmission of information over the internet is never 100% secure. We’ll do our best to protect your personal data, but cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site. In the unlikely case we suffer a security breach, we will inform you immediately. You acknowledge and agree that Bournemouth in Bloom and its IT Manager shall not be responsible for unauthorised use, distribution, damage or destruction of personal data as a result of malicious act (hacking), except to the extent that we are required to accept such responsibility under the Data Protection Act 1998.
Right of Access
If you have registered with us, under the Data Protection Act 1998 you have the right to:
- Access and update your information.
- Cancel your registration. This will erase all your personal data from our electronic register immediately. Please contact the IT Manager to request your cancellation through the Contact Us page
- Request details or ask a copy of personal information which we hold about you (please contact us with your request). We will require that you satisfactorily identify yourself to demonstrate your entitlement to view this data.
- Ask to have any inaccuracies in your information corrected.
All the above services are completely free of charge.
Links to other websites
Any changes will be effective immediately.